Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Challenge Begins!

OK so it's Sunday morning - the official start of the Holiday Challenge. Here I am dreading what my weight will be now but hopeful about how much less it will be on the last day of the challenge.

I officially don't have a scale but will be using the Wii Fit board as my scale - I think it's pretty much accurate and as long as I use that each time I weigh it should pretty much reflect the weight I have actually (hopefully) lost!!

I am going to have coffee today with some local bandsters I met online (not bloggers) and I am really looking forward to it.

Initially when I started this process, it took me 2 months to decide that I was going to do this and that this WLS was right for me. Since then I have had to wait 12 months for my insurance to cover the op and I am so glad I took this time to branch out and meet a lot of people who have gone through this experience, which include fellow bloggers, facebook friends and LB forums.

I honestly feel that I am in a place where I have thought or considered every alternate, I know that each and every band is individual (I am excited about this) I think it makes each of our journeys that much more special.

Meeting everyone both virtually and face to face has been great and I look forward to the continued support I have received in my lead up to surgery. I can only hope that I too can support people in the future by sharing my experiences too. I only wish I was more articulate about writing posts - but I am hoping to develop that skill as I go to!

Oh well the time has come - off to weigh I must go!

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I think you are very articulate and I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences - just think only 8 more days before you get your own band - and I am following two days later. Can you believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the challenge and have fun meeting those new people :)

    ReplyDelete