Actually, I've been here for a while but was more blaming my lack of weightloss on the whole Christmas and New Year celebrations thing. Now that that is all over and done with, no more excuses, I have come to the realisation that it's the much discussed BANDSTER HELL!!!!
I have upped my exercise, made healthier food choices and upped my water intake for the past 2 weeks with no results as yet - the scale has actually risen a little. I am trying not to let that get to me, but the scale beast is a little harder to tame than I would ever have thought possible. I am not someone who counts calories, or protein or anything really. I do keep an eye on my portions and what type of foods I am eating but I do not count anything.
Honestly the reason for this is that in all my previous 'dieting' efforts it has always required me to count this or that, and I just couldn't maintain it. I know it is something I may have to look into in the future, even if its only to get me out of a rut period but for now, I just can't even contemplate the thought of counting...
My plan to get through this? Wow did I just say plan? See how much I've changed already!! I am making PLANS! That is an NSV in itself!!!
Sorry I digress .... the plan is this:
1. Keep exercising - I want to improve my fitness as well as create some muscle tone for this skin of mine to cling to...
2. Keep making healthier food choices - If I find myself wanting something bad tell myself I can have it only after drinking a glass of water first.... (hopefully this will eliminate the craving physically)
3. Drink even more water - see point 2, this will help me achieve this...
4. Do NOT weigh myself everyday, or twice a day or even three times a day - yes that is how bad I have become - Kellie FFS!!! once a week only!!! (baby steps..lol)
5. Blog more - even when I feel I have nothing to say - I'm sure once I start the words will flow like verbal dia... umm, you get the idea!
So there you have it. My 5 point plan to get through my 'bandster hell' phase. Its obviously not rocket science, but simple is always best for me when it comes to changing my lifestyle.